Wednesday, June 01, 2011

First Thursday - Pioneer Square


It's so funny how the universe works. Always on the day I'm packing for a show, the phone starts ringing with orders. It's like the powers that be out there somehow know that I'm ready to sell stuff and the message goes out. My lovely customers respond - calling in their orders for soaps, sprays or whatnot. They all have kind words and happy things to say about the products. What a joyful way to take the stress out of an otherwise anxiety or stress-filled day. Not a one of them needs anything immediately right now ("no worries, no hurry, just send it when you can").

Ok, if I'm being totally honest, sometimes it feels like a little extra stress to know that I've got a pile of orders waiting for me on the day I unpack and try to recover from a long weekend. But that's not too often. Usually the orders are pretty easy and I'm just grateful to have them. And even more thankful to have such nice, sweet customers too.

Today I'm packing up for First Thursday/ArtWalk in Pioneer Square tomorrow. It's my first time at this, so I don't know much. Hours are 11am - 8pm, or thereabouts. The real artwalk hours are around 4-8, dragging on a little later if the weather is nice and people are out. So we're hoping for a few lunchtime folks to stop by too. We are lined up on Occidental, along the park. And it's at least 27 artists who are signed up as of this minute, but it's open to last minute folks too. A few will arrive later in the day due to work schedules.

I just hope the weather is better than the last couple of days. I'm really tired of all the drizzle and chilly. More honesty here. I'm just really tired of it all at the moment. It feels like it's been a long month. And if I have to spend another day outside for 12 hours in the damp and cold, I'm going to be really sad. At least there are hot soup and sandwich places right there. And I'll be close to my car if I need to jump in and heat up. I guess summer is going to show up for the weekend and I have a couple days off then. Huzzah!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I'm thinking about trying this out next year (I make jewelry). How was your experience? More foot traffic later in the day?

    ReplyDelete