Friday, January 07, 2011

It's a day for warm socks

And hot beverages. Blustery and wet here. Which is just a slight improvement over the frigid and dry we've had the last week or so. I think I hate the cold more because the darn heat is on all. the. time. And it does bad things to my stupid hair. Makes it all flat and wimpy and split end-y.

I have spent all week on numbers. And if you know me at all, you know that I HATE "the maths". Year-end inventory. Catching up on the last two months of bookkeeping. And then year-end statements and bottom lines and expenses and reports and what-not. All the numbers by month and then summaries of the year. Oof. My head hurts. And my bottom line is flat, or my bottom is flat, or something, from sitting here in front of the computer too long. The actual money bottom line is sort of flat too. Last year wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, since the last couple of months were up a bit. But it's darn near the same as last year. Which wasn't at all good.

What to do next. That's the question. I've been pondering that, and still trying to figure it out. This brand spanking new year has got to improve somehow. Just saying that makes me tired. I already want to take a nap.

But I'm working on files today. Organizing the whole file system, clearing out 2010, making new files for 2011, starting all new spreadsheets and books. That kind of thing. I should have a secretary for that kind of thing. Come to think of it, I need an accountant too. And maybe a worker bee to do some of the other stuff that I don't like doing either. And seriously, the maid needs to show up any time now and start cleaning this place. There are huge cat hair dust bunnies all over since they seem to have permanently set up camp in front of my little heater.

The "to do" list is long this week. Both work and personal. It feels like a grind. I'm so glad it's Friday, even though it looks like I have to work over the weekend too. Ah well, back to the file drawer. Happy Friday all.

No comments:

Post a Comment