Monday, April 27, 2009

Swine Flew

It's time to write the summer newsletter, and I'm having a hard time with this one. I'm just out of practice with the writing thing or something. Writer's block. It's not coming together the last day or two. So I work a little bit, set it aside and think, "maybe it will flow better later."

Now it's later. And I'm searching for images of flying pigs on the google. Procrastinating. Wouldn't it have been nice to marry a billionaire over the weekend in Venice like Salma Hayak did? Yes indeed. I dug out weeds instead.

It's cat stare-down day. The neighbors have decided to "transition" their indoor cat to the great outdoors. It's a male and still trying to figure it all out. My two girlie kitties are having a hard time, because they thought they owned both yards, and now they are bravely trying to hold ground on just our own little patch of grass. In fact, the boy cat just headed into our kitchen this evening, to much howling, hissing and posturing by all. I'm sure it will all work itself out over time, but the gals are shook up and nervous.

There's so much coming up in May. I need to really get focused. But I'm swimming - little spurts of effort in between big doses of distractions and lethargy. Is it Spring Fever? Swine Flu?

No comments:

Post a Comment