Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Double Drat


I just dropped a bottle of fragrance oil on the cement floor in my work area. What a mess. And it's expensive too. There was only half a bottle left, but it's still a pricey accident. And super smelly.

After vacuuming up all the glass shards and mopping it all up, I was thinking about the last time this happened. It's only happened twice in the whole time I've been making soap - a dozen years. And the last time was years and years ago, in the kitchen where it ran under the fridge and back behind the floor and wall trim. Really awful - so hard to clean up and it smelled for days and days.

And guess what? It was the exact same scent!!! It's called Sea Spice, and I have used it for the "ocean" scent in the Northwest Collections, and I've used it to blend some of the "Beach House" flavors I've done in the summer. Today I was going to make a new blend for a summer seasonal. But I guess I'm not any longer. I'll have to find a new blending type ocean-y scent because that one's gone and I will not reorder it. It's clearly jinxed and I am not going to risk using it again. There are others that are similar.

The house reeks. Sort of in a good way. But mostly in a too-much-of-a-good-thing kind of way.

We're having a burst of summer weather here and it's awesome. I just hate to be inside working away.

No comments:

Post a Comment