Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Mid-Week

This is a photo of thousands of paper lanterns which were lit and sent out over the Andaman Sea in remembrance of the tsunami victims at the first anniversary last December. Hard to believe it was more than a year and a half ago that the tragedy happened.

And it's now the 5-year anniversary of September 11th. And the 1-year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. It seems that time has passed so quickly and it was oh so long ago. Yet at the same time, it all still feels so fresh and awful. I guess we never "get over" the really bad stuff. That's about as prophetic as I can get at the moment.

The kitty is back at the vet's today, for another round of tests, because she has definitely not been cured. We had a really rough night, and nobody slept. There are no answers yet. On the brink of hopeful and great despair.

I've cancelled myself at the Tacoma Market yet again tomorrow. It's worrisome and bleak, and I need to be here for care, medicine giving, small amounts of feeding, water with a syringe. Don't know about next week -- one day at a time.

And probably everyone is sick of me talking about my cat. And why I'm not showing up for anything the past week or so. So I'll just duck out for the moment and take care of the things at hand.

No weekend show this week. No big appearances anywhere. I'm quietly working behind the scenes on the fall newsletter, the new fall products, the next show at the very end of the month, the upcoming holiday preparations, and the immediate orders and necessities. It's mostly productive. And still really clean around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment