Monday, August 14, 2006

Good Housekeeping

I've spent the last couple of days obsessively cleaning my house and organizing my office. Trying to give myself the illusion that I have some control over my life and surroundings, I guess. With all the hustle this summer, I had sort of let the place go to pot. So now the piles and dust bunnies are gone. And I've started a couple of projects that I had been wanting to work on, now that I had a little unexpected time off. I felt the need to be productive and proactive, rather than just wander around pathetically feeling sorry for myself.

The cat is home. She was perky and hungry when she arrived. And then slunk away to sleep like a log for hours. I'm sure she didn't sleep much at the pet hospital, and she really needed it. We had a little kerfuffle by dinner time, trying to roust her for medications and a little food or water. Got the medicine in, and she was gone. Crept out a couple times over the course of the night for a midnight snack, which is a great sign and to vomit, which is a bad sign. She is sleeping in the darkest little hiding hole she can find ever since. So it's a little up and down. I think she's on the mend, but we've got a lot of recuperating to do. One step at a time.

So I'm a little housebound. But working steadily on moving forward in every area. With no show next weekend, and my inventory all ready for the market Thursday, I can focus on other things this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment