Thursday, July 10, 2014

Beach House - Got a spare one?

Everyone on Earth must have some kind of fantasy of owning the perfect little beach house or cottage.  Probably it differs widely - breezy hacienda on the Mexican playa, clapboard cottage on Nantucket, or sleek white stucco on some Greek Isle -  but everybody has some idea of what their paradise would be.

I've got several versions. Pretty much anything would do as long as it's on the water and I can hear the waves from my bed. In summertime, my beach house obsession gets a little stronger. And while I still don't have one of my own, I daydream about it, and make Beach House scented soap and spray to spur my imagination.

The spray comes out some time in June and gets spritzed around here and there when I need a little pick-me-up. And usually there's a bar of Beach House soap in the shower, no matter what else is lingering in the dish.

Just yesterday I put a fresh bar in the bathroom, and I guess I wasn't using it for a couple of weeks. I realized how darn much I love that scent. It's so fresh and gorgeous, transporting me to someplace by the sea in seconds.

It's the perfect blend of ocean and herbs.  The ocean part is almost briny, that little hit of rosemary and sage give it a depth of seaweed and tide pools.  The barely there whiff of mint is the coolness, which  makes it fresh and clean, and the sweetness of the lavender brings it all together and smoothes it out, like a soft breeze.  That's my take on it anyway.

Maybe your beach house needs to smell like limes, salt and tequila.  I don't know.  I'm good with waves and herbs. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm heading off to dip my toes in the sand and dig for seashells. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment