Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Winter Solstice


Endings and beginnings.

Today is the first day of winter, the Winter Solstice, and the shortest day of the year. So I guess as of yesterday, fall is officially over. It feels like it's already been winter. I can't really imagine that I've already listened to a bazillion Christmas carols and it's only been fall.

What I am ready for however, is more light. With today being the shortest day, I am totally ready for the return of longer days and more minutes of sunlight each day, starting tomorrow.

The other thing that's ended, is the mail ordering in time for Christmas. I think the window is closed as of today. Thankfully, the orders have slowed down now. There was one last blitz over the weekend, and I sort of felt a sense of relief on Monday as I headed home from the post office. But it was short-lived. I came home to a couple of messages and more in the inbox. But it's slowing down.

I could really use a breather from all the rush rush bustle bustle. Unfortunately we've got the big event in a couple of days, so there is the finishing up of shopping, prepping the feasting, baking the cookies, getting the house ready, the gift wrapping. Oy. So many to do lists...

Santa, I would like a little less doing and lot more celebrating and relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment