Friday, July 31, 2009

Melting

Did you survive the historic heat wave this week? WOW! 103 degrees on Wednesday. That's hawt.

Last night's cool down was so nice. What a pleasant change. Today I'm just dealing with noise. The hydro's racing around the lake can be heard humming from here. And the air show, with the Blue Angels and other screaming stuff overhead starts in just a bit. It's definitely summer.

This weekend is the Coupeville Arts Festival. I am posting the info here in case you're heading over there.

It's downtown Coupeville, in a huge square on the main streets - along Front Streets and Coveland Streets, from Alexander to Main Streets. My usual spot is right in front of the museum at the corner of Front and Alexander. But I lost that space by not being there last year - this time I'm right across the street from there, facing my old spot. I think it's going to be a bit sunnier and hotter, because the afternoon sun goes the other way. But luckily the forecast is for slightly cooler temperatures. And hopefully the island will have a nice breeze.

Hours: August 1 and 2, Sat 10am-6pm, Sun 10am-5pm.

There's kid's activities, food booths, an artists in action area - all the usual stuff. It's always cool on the ferries, and there's plenty of beaches on the island to dip a toe in the frigid ocean. Sounds pretty good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment