Friday, February 17, 2006

Baby it's cold outside

Brrrrrrrr. We are having an unbelievable cold snap in the weather. I don’t remember it ever being this cold for a whole week straight. Is all this weird weather we’re having just a hint of things to come? Is global warming wreaking havoc? Or worse, is this Armageddon?

My office and work areas are in the basement of the little casa. And there is no heat down here, really. I am so darn cold that my fingers feel numb as I type this. I have to run upstairs periodically today to run my fingers in hot water, or sit in front of the heater or a sunny spot on the carpet for a little while, just to get feeling back in my toes. I think I could participate in some Italian Winter Olympic events right here in the office. Curling down the hall, anyone?

A couple of updates: my darling little rick-rack ribbon came in today, so I can make up a new batch of the vintage hankie sachets and get new pictures up on the web site over the weekend. I think this is going to be so much fun to play with. I ordered a bunch of new ribbons at the Seattle Gift show -- some really cool beaded wire that I want to mess around with for holiday products, some pretty shiny satin ribbon in summer colors with dots . . . I hope I can work all this stuff into some new packaging right away.

And two: the cupcake lip balm passed the test with flying colors. I got a second opinion or two, and was told it smells exactly like buttercream frosting, and is sweet and delicious too. Tastes vanilla-y and creamy and sugary. So I guess it’s a keeper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment