Thursday, January 07, 2010

Sleep



"It is a delicious moment, certainly, that of being well-nestled in bed and feeling that you shall drop gently to sleep."

Leigh Hunt

For me, January is sort of a month of hibernation. Catching up on sleep. Working quietly behind the scenes. It's a month of creating goals, making plans, setting up a calendar, putting all the building blocks into place for the year ahead.

All the little notes I've made throughout the year for new scents, new products, new ideas for packaging, marketing, selling or whatnot are thoughtfully considered - and either tossed, filed away for another year, or put into action. It's fun to re-imagine the whole business and start fresh. Often it just ends up being more of the same, for practical reasons, but I like the exercise of imagining things completely differently. What if I didn't do this, or this, or that anymore, but did it this other way instead? Usually something interesting pops up. And the end result always makes my life easier or better.

It's the freedom of reinvention that keeps me sane. and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment