Saturday, September 28, 2013

Chapped Lips


A couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine was chatting with me and mentioned that she was having such a hard time finding a lip balm for her 'sensitive' lips.  She had such a chap going on that it was painful.

She thought she had really sensitive lips because so many of the things she'd tried in the past made her puff up, get red, hurt or worse.

I told her that she probably wasn't as sensitive as she thought.  It's just the SPF.  Use anything that does NOT have some kind of SPF to it, and you're probably ok.  She tried my lip balm and it worked like a charm.  She loves it!

Over the years, I've had so many people talk to me about lip balm.  They all think they have some kind of problem with their lips.  They are afraid to try anything new because they've had so many bad experiences.  It's almost always the danged SPF they put in all lip stuff.

I know, I know.  We are bombarded every day with fear-mongering about how the sun will give you cancer and that you need the very highest formulation of sun protection or 30+SPF, and you need to slather this stuff all over every inch of your skin if you even think of going near a window.  Unless you live 24/7 in a cave, you are AT RISK!!!

I don't buy it.  I will of course put on some sun block on my skin when I go to Hawaii.  Or when I'm out in the sun exposed for more than a couple of hours.  I hate the feeling of sunburn.  But for more than half a year here in the Pacific Northwest, we don't have all that much sun.  And for most people (unless you are an avid outdoors-person) you don't need to slap on the SPF lip stuff every half hour.  It's just not necessary.  And in fact, it's become a real problem.

It seems like 85% of everybody now seems to have some kind of sensitivity on their lips to the chemical ingredients they use for the SPF.  That's not a verifiable number from Google, just my personal experience. How do you know?  Your lips feel chapped.  So you put on more.  And they don't feel better, or they get worse.  Nothing you put on makes them feel better.

Unless of course, you use a lip balm that is all natural and does not have those chemical SPF ingredients.  Like mine.  My lip balm is all natural vegetable oils, natural flavors and natural sweeteners.  No chemicals.  No SPF.  And it moisturizes appropriately.  It heals the chap.  It stops the redness.  It feels good on your lips and tastes great too!

I've got a new fall flavor of Blackberry Pomegranate that is yummylicious too.

So if you think you might be one of those people - the ones that can't seem to find a good lip balm?  Maybe try mine.  Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment