Thursday, January 19, 2012

Today: Ice Storm

It's a lot of weather in just a few short days. For a mild climate place like Seattle.

We slop around in rain puddles in the winter. But not this.

Some of my plants were still alive just a few days ago. Like this geranium. And this flowering black-eyed Susan - which was still blooming last week!

So I guess I'm not getting out of the house today. Just working inside, with short forays into the freezing rain to stand in awe.

Yesterday the cats were absolutely coconuts for the snow - racing around in it, pouncing, tossing little snowballs, running in circles, and not getting enough of it. Today? they will not leave the blankies.

I'm not getting much inspiration for writing my spring newsletter this week, that's for sure.





No comments:

Post a Comment