Monday, January 05, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy 2009!

It's back-to-work day. The parties are over, the gifts unwrapped, the decorations boxed up, the horns tooted. And now it's back to the everyday humdrum.

The beginning of January is always so drab, gray and boring. Just like any good vacation, I'm not coming back energized and revitalized. I had a bit more fun away from work than I am having today back in the office.

But I am well rested. I do have a bunch of new ideas for things I want to play with this year. I've got a list of new goals and am ready to get started. It's just that today is inventory day, wherein I tear apart the entire studio and count everything. It's necessary for taxes and just general keeping track. And it gives me a chance to see where I am and get clear on what needs to happen next. Priorities are good. The effort will help me clean up a bit around here too. It's just not that fun, yanno?

Then there will be the cleaning of the files, starting new records with a clean slate. And more soap making in earnest for the spring newsletter which is due out at the end of the month. Valentine's Day is so close.

Hope you all had a nice holiday break. The snow was really something, wasn't it? We won't be forgetting our "white Christmas" for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment